NOTICE OF SPECIAL GENERAL ASSEMBLY: This is a GEOGRADS special general assembly called in response to and under the conditions stipulated by the strike mandate passed at the February 16th, 2012 and pursuant to the strike vote of March 5th, 2012. The purpose of the special general assembly is to address issues related to what actions the membership will take in response to the results referendum no matter of its outcome.
Election of a Chair
2. Chair’s remarks marks on process, bylaws, and meeting content
3. Referendum Results
4. Point of information: Actions already planned and happening
- Report from CLASSE delegates
- Report from “Mobsquad”
5. Brainstorming Session – Student Action
- Motions & Debate
- Incorporation of the Womens Studies (WSSA) whereas clauses
6. CLASSE Representatives –
- Open discussion on number of delegates, possibility of rotating delegates with “backup” delegates, etc.
- Nominations for next CLASSE meetings
- Dates and times of pending GAs and strike votes (e.g. GSA general assembly at noon)
WOMENS STUDIES (WSSA) WHEREAS CLAUSES:
-Whereas the tuition increase is sexist. It will affect women more than men and go a long way towards keeping gender inequality in place.
-Whereas the tuition increase is racist. People of color and racialized people will suffer more from this increase.
-Whereas the tuition increase is classist. That tuition is only one portion of what we pay for university. This portion is about to get bigger and peoplefrom lower income backgrounds will be more affected.
-Whereas the tuition increase is ableist. Marginalisation is also about not being seen as this able bodied, this able minded person.
-Whereas the tuition increase will not solve the problem the government is posing as the reason for the increase